A. Through repeated practice, she was able to _______ the new language and speak it fluently.
B. The workshop aimed to help participants _______ key concepts and apply them in real-life situations.
c) take on
A. Accepting the job offer will _______ relocating to a different city.
B. Going on a trip with young children can _______ packing extra supplies and making necessary accommodations.
A. She has a _______ sense of fashion, always mixing and matching unexpected patterns and colors.
B. The café had a _______ atmosphere, with mismatched furniture and walls adorned with whimsical artwork.
A. The little girl held a _______ puppy in her arms.
B. He was often called by his _______ nickname, “Tiny,” due to his small stature.
A. The painting vividly _______ a serene landscape with rolling hills and a calm lake.
B. The film _______ the struggles of a young musician trying to make it in the music industry.
A. Photography is not only his profession but also his _______, as he spends his free time capturing beautiful moments.
B. His love for music led him to pursue a career as a music teacher, turning his _______ into his vocation.
A. Despite being presented with clear evidence, he remained _______ and refused to acknowledge the truth.
B. Her _______ response to the question showed a lack of understanding or awareness.
A. After realizing the impact of his words, he felt _______ and apologized to his friend.
B. She wrote a heartfelt letter expressing her _______ feelings and seeking forgiveness for her mistakes.
A. The crowd erupted into _______ cheers as their team scored the winning goal in the final seconds of the match.
B. After months of hard work, she felt _______ when she received her acceptance letter from her dream university.
A. Looking at old photographs from my childhood always fills me with a sense of _______ for those carefree days.
B. The smell of freshly baked cookies brought back _______ memories of spending time in my grandmother’s kitchen.
A. As they sat around the campfire, they spent the evening _______ about their adventures from their college days.
B. The old friends spent hours _______ about their childhood, sharing stories and laughing together.
A. His actions _______ his words, as he promised to help but did nothing to assist.
B. The findings of the study _______ the commonly held belief about the effectiveness of the treatment.
A. The dove is _______ of peace and harmony, often used as a symbol in artwork and literature.
B. The team’s victory in the championship game was _______ of their hard work and determination throughout the season.
A. The magician’s tricks and illusions were designed to _______ the audience’s attention away from his secret moves.
B. The company organized a team-building activity to _______ employees’ attention from work stress and promote camaraderie.
A. The lion attacked its prey with unmatched _______, displaying its dominance in the animal kingdom.
B. The storm hit the coast with _______, causing widespread destruction and chaos.
1. “To internalize” means to fully understand or absorb something, often by incorporating it into one’s own thoughts, beliefs, or values.
2. “Entail” means to involve or require as a necessary part or consequence.
3. “Quirky” describes something or someone that is unconventional, eccentric, or characterized by peculiar or unusual qualities.
4. “Diminutive” refers to something that is small or tiny in size, or it can describe a word or name that denotes something small or endearing.
5. “Depicts” means to portray, represent, or illustrate something in a visual or descriptive manner.
6. “Avocation” refers to a hobby, activity, or pursuit that a person engages in for pleasure, alongside their main occupation or profession.
7. When referring to people or behavior: In a figurative sense, “obtuse” can describe someone who is slow to understand or perceive things, lacking in intelligence, or insensitive to the feelings or needs of others. It implies a lack of sharpness or awareness.
8. “Remorseful” refers to feeling deep regret or guilt for a past action or wrongdoing.
9. “Jubilant” describes a feeling of great joy, triumph, or celebration.
10. “Nostalgic” describes a sentimental longing or wistful affection for the past, typically associated with fond memories or experiences. It refers to the feeling of nostalgia, which is a mix of happiness, longing, and sometimes a hint of sadness.
11. “Reminiscing” refers to the act of recalling or remembering past experiences, often in a nostalgic or reflective manner. It involves indulging in memories and reflecting on the moments, people, or events from the past.
12. “Contradict” means to assert or state the opposite of what has been previously said or claimed, or to be in conflict with something.
13. “Emblematic” refers to something that serves as a representative symbol or characteristic of a particular quality, idea, or group. It signifies or represents something more significant or broader in meaning.
14. “Divert” means to redirect or change the course or direction of something. It can also mean to distract or entertain someone.
15. “Ferocity” refers to the quality of being fierce, intense, or extremely aggressive. It describes a state of extreme strength, power, or intensity.